How do I know if I qualify for medical cannabis?

You must visit a local doctor who can give you a recommendation letter for medical cannabis. Click this link to find one now.

How do I become a member?

You will need to visit our facility and bring your original doctor’s recommendation and your California drivers license or DMV-issued photo identification card. Your ID must have your photo on it and it must be up-to-date.

We now offer in-house doctor visits for your Medical Marijuana recommendation! Just visit us with your CA ID and we will be happy to walk you through the process!

Can I use my passport/out-of-state license/utility bill/expired license/interim license?

We can only accept a valid California ID card or drivers license. We cannot accept temporary IDs, expired IDs, passports, utility bills, school IDs, signed leases, or out-of-state IDs. No exceptions. The reason we require your CA ID is to ensure your California residency, as medical marijuana in CA is meant for residents only.

My letter recently expired, and I do not have the time/money to get a new one. Can I still enter the dispensary area?

No, you will not be able to enter the dispensary area without an original, valid, up-to-date doctor’s recommendation letter from a California physician. No exceptions. We are strict about this rule because we want to protect our patients and keep our collective legal. You can still enter the front office area and visit with a Doctor to now acquire your rec. in house with us!

Are there any fees associated with becoming a member?

No, there are no fees. Once you are verified by your doctor the first time, you only need to show your valid California ID to enter the next time. We will always keep a copy of your recommendation, but you will need to supply a new one when it expires.

Can I park in your rear lot?

CAC has four spaces reserved in the rear lot: spaces numbered 13, 14, 15, and 16. The other spaces are rented by and reserved for other businesses in the building. If spaces 13-16 are occupied, there is additional parking available on our side street of Commonwealth and on Lincoln Blvd.

I am disabled, can’t drive, need constant care, or am incapable of coming in by myself enough to fit my needs. What do I do?

You can establish a caregiver who can transport your medicine for you. If you are wheelchair bound or otherwise cannot access the second story because of the stairwell, please give us a call. We want to help any way we can.

Do you have an ATM on site?

Yes, we have an ATM in the dispensary area with a small transaction fee and a $300 withdrawal limit.

What do you recommend for _______ ?

Please visit us and register so our knowledgeable volunteers can help you choose the right medication for you. We cannot give advice over e-mail or phone.

Do you carry seeds / plants / clones / edibles?

We carry edibles from tested and reputable sources, including a selection of gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan suppliers. We are currently out of seeds and we will update our website when we have them in stock. We do not carry whole plants or clones.

How late do you accept new patients/renewals?

We accept new patients and renewals all day until closing time.

How do I become a grower for your collective?

We are not seeking new growers for our collective at this time.

Do you have free magazines/reading and informational material?

We have a selection including magazines, business cards for MMJ recommendation doctors, and handbooks about state law.

Can I bring a guest with me?

If you have a guest who does not have their medical marijuana recommendation, they are welcome to wait in the admission area.  Bear in mind that unless you are that person’s caregiver, you cannot obtain medicine for them. Open discussion of giving our medicine to a non-patient will result in termination of your membership.

Can I bring my child with me?

In compliance with Los Angeles legislature, we cannot allow anyone under the age of 18 without both a doctor’s letter and parental supervision to enter the dispensary area.

How long has CAC been in existence?

We are the oldest legal collective in the city of Los Angeles. We have been here since 2005.

Do I need to bring my letter each time I visit?

While it is not mandatory to show your letter after your first visit until it expires, you should carry your recommendation letter when you have medical marijuana on your person. It shows you are a medical marijuana patient if you happened to be stopped by law enforcement.

Will you be sending mail to my home?


Do I have to give my address/phone number/e-mail when I sign up?

You must provide an address so we can verify that you are a California resident. Providing us with a phone number and/or e-mail address is strongly encouraged in the event that any of our volunteers need to contact you (example: items accidentally left here).

Can I bring my pet or bicycle inside with me?

No. There is a bike rack at the ground level of the building, near the stairwell, that you can tether your bike to. You cannot tether it to the railing or any other part of the building, nor can you bring it inside the collective. The only animals we allow are service animals (misrepresenting your pet as a service animal when it is not is a criminal offense). As with bicycles, you cannot tie your pet to the upstairs railing due to liability issues.

How much medicine can I buy at one time?

It depends on your needs. One of our volunteers would be more than happy to assist you with this.

Do you have a smoking lounge/can I smoke my medicine on site?

No. You cannot open your bag of medicine before you reach your final destination and you definitely cannot consume your medicine within 500 feet of our building. Doing so will result in immediate termination of your membership.